1999 Ford Crown Victoria Police Specs

JMUGGE2000
  • 1999 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
Is there a way to get the car back to police specifications with the performance chip? The guy I bought the car from said the chip should still be in the car, but they aren't allowed to sell them with it activated. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 10:39 AM

GERRY9251983
My 1999 crown vic p51 has everything the chip would not be in there if the car has been action offed bye the patrolling station ,other wise if the car was sold by a cop it self meaning it was his or hers car, they might have been updated i bought my car from a Iowa state patrol officer and here is my baby and shes got all im crusin with as much hp as the cops lol hard to catch something that matches there's

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/274644_thm_php3Qf8Ll_2.jpg

Friday, November 21st, 2008 AT 12:02 AM
VICFAN00
There is no such thing as a police performace chip. There is only a police or fleet version of the crown victoria which can be identified by the p71 in the vin number. A p74 indicates a civilian model. Police cars dont have special chips and they dont alter the computer or engine any when they are sold. When you buy a used police car you are buying it with the same engine and computer system that they used when it was in active duty.

The differences between the fleet computer and the civilian computer are very minor.
The main reason a police car is slightly faster than its civilian counterpart is because of the dual exhaust. Different years are faster also. 98-00 is faster than 96-older.01-03 is faster than anything older and the 2004-present has the most power at about 250 hp.

Sorry to burst your bubble about the cop chip. But it is a myth

Anyone who says there is a "cop" chip or that the computer was modified by the police is a liar and is obviously misinformed.

You can however purchase a custom computer program and tuner for the car and load it onto the computer yourself.
+1
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 AT 8:49 PM

Related General Content

Drill Out a Bolt and Tap a Thread
VIDEO