BATTERY LIGHT

1998 Ford Crown Victoria

kevin jackson

1998 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Automatic

IN MY 98 FORD CROWN VICTORIA MY BATTERY LIGHT COME ON SOME TIME AND THEN GO OFF AND WHEN THE LIGHT NOT ON MY BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR TEST GOOD

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

mhpautos

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

The battery light is indicating a low or no charge state, you may have a problem with the voltage regulator, you will have to get the system tested while the light is activated other wise you will not get a correct diagnosis.

kevin jackson

THE BATTERY LIGHT DONT SAY LOW OR NO CHAGE IT JUST COME ON SOME TIME MY BATTERY VOLTAGE IS 12.63. IS IT SOMETHING I CAN DO TO MAKE THE LIGHT COME TO GET IT CHECK. CAUSE EVERYTIME I GET BY THE PARTS PLACE ITS NEVER COME ON. WHAT ALL CAN IT BE

mhpautos

HI there if you try and simulate the problem that will defeat the purpose, I am fairly sure that the problem will be in the alternator voltage regulator, but the only way to check this is to do the test when it has come on by its self.

way2old

When the light comes on, wiggle the little wire on the top of the alternator. If the light goes out, squeeze the connector to make a better connection. This is a common problem on the CV.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe