Engine Mechanical problem
1992 Ford Bronco V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles
1992 5.8L 351 Ford Bronco Windsor will not fire. This one really has me confused. She will crank, but will not even attempt to fire. The troubleshooting I have gone through is as follows:
1) Verified spark - new coil, new wires, new plugs - grounded a spark plug running through the new distributor cap and got a nice orange spark.
2) Checked fuel pressure - got 40# at attempted start up and held at 37#/36# after that.
3) Checked the injector wires with a NOID light and got a nice steady pulse. The NOID was not specific to the vehicle, so the pulse was low light, but nonetheless, it pulsed steadily.
4) Changed the injectors - the truck sat for two years and I figured the fuel had gelled and stuck the injectors. Still nothing.
5) Checked the air flow through the exhaust - maybe some critter had built a nest in there and was choking it out - but the air was moving fine.
Somehow I am still not getting fuel delivery into the cylinders. Is there a magical way to install injectors and putting them right back in the same hole as the old ones was wrong?
I dont even know where to go from here. I do not have a code reader. I know that I can ground a wire and count the blinks - but besides going through that painful process, any further ideas.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 5:54 AM