1989 Ford Bronco fuel pressure

THE_STEVE
  • 1989 FORD BRONCO
My 89 full size bronco 351w needed a 97 psi fuel pump but all the fuel pressure regulators I can find at part stores are 40 psi and wont let my truck run. Is my truck a high output model
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 1:15 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Shouldn't need that high of psi with a fuel pump, just 30 - 45 psi. Where do you see you need 97? Also is this on bronco or bronco II?
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 7:56 PM
THE_STEVE
It is a full size w/351w thats all stock. When I bought the truck 6 years or so ago it needed a fuel pump I got one from a junk yard and flow/pressure tested it and it tested fine 42 psi, put in truck and it would run fine for about 2 min. Then bog down like wasnt geting fuel, so pulled it out and retested, it tested fine again.I wound up buying a brand new one and the guy at the part store is the one that told me about the higher pressure I put the new one in and it ran great, but then it sat for about 4 years. Now with the new regulator it runs just like it did with the first fuel pump, bogging out again now I am just weeding out problems
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 1:52 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
The 5.8 windsor motor in this bronco shouldn't exceed 45 psi fuel pressure, 97 is very dangerous to be running with an engine not designed for it. All that is doing is ignoring another problem that should be fixed. Something is not letting it run with the proper fuel pressure, that could be a dirty fuel filter, constricted fuel lines, dirty fuel injectors or even a spark issue.
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 7:50 PM
THE_STEVE
The truck runs a higher pressure from the factory I didnt change any thing all I did was replace stock parts
Monday, November 15th, 2010 AT 9:20 PM