1987 Ford Bronco has a miss throughout drive range. Lacks p

• 2 POSTS
  • 1987 FORD BRONCO

1987 Ford Bronco 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

starts fine but after you first crank it, it starts running very rough, like it is miss-fireing. Changed plugs, wires, rotor-button and distributo cap, coil and coil-wire, replaced #2 feul-injector because that seems to be the cylinder that isnt fireing, or is fireing, just not at the right time. I've also replaced the feul-pump in the tank, feul-filter, and feul-presure-regulator, and it has a new computer. It seems to run a litle better, but it still has that miss and it still lacks power. My question is what else could it be? Or what else do I need to check? I consider myself pretty mechanicly-inclined, but this one has me stumped.

Friday, June 4th, 2010 AT 1:34 PM

First thing is to quit guessing what is wrong. Pull engine codes to see if you have a bad sensor, then go to the electrical & fuel issues. Obviously you've done a lot. Get a vacuum guage and check your vacuum. I'd guess you either have a vacuum leak that your computer can't overcome or a plugged converter. So alos check all your vacuum hoses for leaks/holes etc.

Saturday, June 19th, 2010 AT 8:34 AM