1987 Ford Bronco

BRONC87
  • 1987 FORD BRONCO
I have a 87' bronco with a 302 that will not run. I have changed the timing chain, distributor, cap, rotor, and computer and it still won't start. Can anyone help?
Monday, June 28th, 2010 AT 4:00 PM

Check what's missing fuel or spark?

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

If okay -check the valve and ignition timing could be off when you replaced the timing chain-180deg out
Monday, June 28th, 2010 AT 4:59 PM
BRONC87
It has spark and fuel (50 psi from what I'm told). Anything else it could be?
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 3:06 PM