1986 Ford Bronco Engine Dying

• 1 POST
  • 1986 FORD BRONCO

1986 Ford Bronco V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

Ok the problem is weird I drove the bronco for 5 hourd straight at speeds anywhere from 35-65 and never had any problems. But when I got home I was driving around town and stopped for a minute and just let the bronco idle and then after about thirty seconds it just died. So I started it right back up and tried to drive it but it just sputtered and died. I had a full tank of fuel too. So I just let it sit for probobly about ten minuted then it fired right back up and I made it about a mile or 2 down the road and it died again. So I let it sit for a few mnutes again then it fired back up and I made it home. I changed the ignition coil and have checked all connections from the battery to the fuel pump. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? It has me stumped. Any input would be helpful!

Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 1:05 AM

Hi schuylerpoulsen, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

If you can hear the fuel pump come on when you turn key On, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel fiter and fuel pump if okay -test the distributor pick-up coil and the ignition control module if all tests are all okay its either the ignition switch or the computer itself-let me know what you have

Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 1:40 AM