1996 FORD AEROSTAR IDLE UP AND DOWN

• tammy howard
  • 1996 Ford Aerostar

1996 Ford Aerostar

My aeroster was leaking from the heater hoses, I fixed them yesterday, no more leak and the air and heat are working much better. I have a new problem today, which is the idle is up and down and it is stalling out. If I am driving over 20 mph she runs well, if I slow down to turn or stop at a light, she stalls out, not every time, but most of the time. Could it be a vaccuum leak? Thanks, Tammy

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 AT 8:08 AM

• mustang87

Check around the throtle body all air vaccume hoses for cuts to soft mushy or disconectet line. If all ok you will most likely need a new IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE. You find this part on the throtle body u cant miss it. Looks like a 3 inch cylinder with a black plastik connection tip.U can see this part also in here www. Kragen. Com can be a bit pricy from 50 bucks to 130 bucks. Or u can go toi a junk yard and look for the part used if u wanna save money. Good luck

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 AT 3:37 PM