SUDDEN BRAKEING

1992 Ford Aerostar

klt_lsh2009

October, 20, 2009 AT 6:06 AM

1992 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 204000 miles

When driving my van at 55 with the cruise set it will all of the sudden break and slow down. Afterwards I am unable to reset the cruise. When this happens it runs very rough and the gas petal feels very firm and hard to push. Since I got the van the oil pressure has seemed rather low. The word " normal" is across the gage and it has never went beyond the " r". The " nor" is on the side of " low".

Jacobandnickolas

October, 20, 2009 AT 9:04 AM

Has the check engine light ever come on?

klt_lsh2009

October, 20, 2009 AT 11:59 AM

No it has bever came on.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 20, 2009 AT 12:04 PM

If there is no light, I need you to check for a couple things. First, make sure there are no vacuum leaks. Also, you need to check for fuel pressure.

Here is a how to for checking the pressure. Let me know what you find:

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

klt_lsh2009

October, 20, 2009 AT 12:33 PM

I will check those things and get back to you. I have another question. Every now and then I notice a puddle of water under the van. What could this be a sign of?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 20, 2009 AT 12:46 PM

Could it be condensation (water) from AC usage or is it coolant?

klt_lsh2009

October, 22, 2009 AT 6:13 AM

It looks like clear water. It doesn't do it all the time. I have never ran the AC. Can it still build up condensation? I know that it kicks ona nd of when running the heater. Could the sudden brakeing just be a faulty wire in the cruise control system?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 22, 2009 AT 7:48 AM

Chances are the condensation is coming from using the defroster. When it is used, the AC is run to help clear the windshield. If it is clear water and there is no coolant, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear