Fog lamps wiring diagram

PAWEL_N
  • 2013 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

I would like to add DRL LED lamps instead of front fog lamps. I need to connect to +12V power supply after engine starts. Which wire or junction it can be near front left lamp which I could easy to connect?12V after the engine starts automatically, not manually by pushing light switch. I need to disconnect fog wire or wires, I don't know which one goes to fog connector, from TIPM box. Or somewhere is better place where I can cut the wire and connect the 12V power? Or disconnect fuse for fog lamps?
Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 AT 9:23 AM

KASEKENNY1
Couple questions first. Are you sure you don't want to just use the fog light switch? Having them wired to the run relay circuit will mean you have no way of turning them off. That may not sound like a big deal but anytime you have an option it is normally better to go with the ability to turn something on and off.

However, if you do not care and just want them on all the time then I attached the run circuit which is all the components that are on the run circuit. I would just tap into one of these and run a new wire to your new lights.

Let me know what questions you have. Thanks
Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 AT 7:46 PM
PAWEL_N
Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure you don't want to just use the fog light switch?
No, I do not want to use fog light switch because fog light is working when the park light is on. And I need to switch DRL when all light are off.
We can see on your picture "Wiring Diagram - Fuses/Relay - Run" that 4 fuses only (M08, M09, M32 and M34) are supply from Relay - Run. Is it true?
Is it true that fuse M2 is connected directly with Fog Lamp Relay only and there is not other device? I found description that 20 Amp fuse M2 is for Trailer Lighting, Front Fog Lamps and Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS). Is it safe to disconnect M2 fuse? Will I disconnect IBS? I do not know what it IBS, Is it in my car?
Where goes wire white/black from 85 fog-lamp relay?
There are still so many questions.
Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 AT 3:49 AM
KASEKENNY1
Okay. Hopefully this will answer the original question of what circuit to tie into for one that has 12 volts only in start/run so that you can accomplish this. If you just want them on all the time when the engine is running or the key is in the run position, use any fused ignition switch circuit. Basically this circuit will only be on when the key is in the on position.

To try and answer the questions, no there are a ton of fuses that are for run. Basically all these fuses are the fused ignition circuits. In other words, they are on when the key is in run. The M2 fuse does control other things then just the fog lamps. The IBS is a battery sensor that measures the current coming from the battery so that the vehicle can keep track of the overall state of charge. This is not something you want to mess with as they are sensitive.

This white black wire goes from the TIPM to the relay.

Hopefully I answered the questions so far. Let me know what else you are looking for. Thanks
+1
Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 AT 7:25 PM
PAWEL_N
Thank you for your reply, but I am surprised! Your wiring diagram show something other. I marked red line where there is only fuse M2 and relay for fog lamp. There is not other device, no other connection to other module which is powered from M2!
The M2 fuse does control other things then just the fog lamps.
Could you please tell me why there is not other wire from M2 to IBS? It is very important for user/service which read this wiring diagram. When I can observe that M2 supply only fog lamp relay and I do not use this lamp and relay consequently I will for eg. Take this fuse out and it will be no matter for any other systems in the car.
Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 AT 12:39 AM
KASEKENNY1
My mistake. This fuse M2 is the power feed for the fog lamp relay. You are correct that this is the only thing that this fuse supplies. When this relay is energized this fuse sends the power that the fog lamps use to turn on. So if you remove this fuse, it will only effect the fog lamp.
Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 AT 7:28 PM
PAWEL_N
Okay. It is better now. I will use original fog lamp wiring. I am going to take out the fog relay, connect directly by bridge junctions 30-87, remove fuse M2 and connect to some on the RUN circuit via an additional fuse.
Thursday, January 21st, 2021 AT 5:49 AM
KASEKENNY1
Sounds like a solid plan. Thanks for sticking with us and updating us. Thanks for using 2CarPros. Please come back in the future.
Thursday, January 21st, 2021 AT 5:30 PM

Sponsored links