Check engine light on

JAMIEST25
  • 2006 FORD FOCUS
U2023 vehicle connection network fault, what does this mean and what can I try to fix it? Abs still works and car drives fine but isn't boosting as much. That's all I can tell you. When the fault is on cant turn off traction control and once reset takes a while for the light to come back on.
Monday, May 20th, 2013 AT 2:20 PM

RACEFAN966
This code is telling you one of a few modules is not communicating correctly they list is as follow's, PCM, safety restraint control module, ABS module, instrument cluster, CAN not communicating with PCM correctly or the GEM not doing its job. When the light comes on is there anything else that won't work besides the trac control? It sounds like the ABS control module is not working right I have seen this problem. I would check fuse number 63 and 32 which go to the BCM

Here is guide and fuse locations.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Saturday, June 15th, 2013 AT 7:14 AM
JAMIEST25
Thanks for the help I got around to check the fuses and 63 was blown. I replaced it and it blew again so I checked the GEM and it had rust on it like it was under water lol found the problem. I love this site
+2
Saturday, June 15th, 2013 AT 7:26 AM
RACEFAN966
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers
+2
Monday, June 17th, 2013 AT 7:49 AM
DOUGABERDEEN
I had a similar problem and the dealer had to replace the PCM for $460.00 all set.
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 6:16 AM
BUNG2005111
Hi I had this same problem just out I had a boost leak from my intercooler up to my throttle body 127 and half hours fitting the new pipe propblem sorted
Thursday, September 29th, 2016 AT 3:52 AM