CAR FEELS LIKE IT LOSES POWER WHEN DRIVING

2005 Fiat Stilo

emerald240874

November, 5, 2008 AT 7:25 AM

2005 Fiat Stilo Manual 42000 miles

Hi, I have a problem with my car, whilst driving it loses power, problem is intermittent, twice it has stalled after I have driven up a steep hill, the car struggles to stay on, it chugs a little then stops. It takes about 5 mins to get started again. I press the accelarator but there is no power at all at this point. While in motion I feel the car struggling sometimes as if it loses power. Please help as I am at the end of my tether. Recently I had a hole in my turbo intercooler pipe worn away by the engine covering, which was accompanied by a whooshing noise. That has now been fixed, no whooshing but still pulling as I drive.

Dave H

November, 9, 2008 AT 5:27 AM

Is your MIL light on? There could be numerous reason for this happening. Coil pack/crank sensor/map sensor etc. Etc. You need to get the cars computer read. Even if the MIL light is not on it could be storing pending codes and will come on soon

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Pressure Test