HEATER DOESNT WORK

2000 Fiat Punto

andymartin

January, 16, 2010 AT 8:18 AM

Heater problem
2000 Fiat Punto Manual

hello my fiat punto heater doesnt work it does not send any heat out at all I have checked all fuse and also replaced them all and still nothing I was told by a neighbour that it may be the heater matrix that had gone but I wasnt sure can you help any thougher?

No Heat

January, 20, 2010 AT 10:10 AM

Hello, thanks for the donation. I'm going to have trouble trying to troubleshoot. I looked through every database I have access to and none have anything on a Fiat. If the blower isn't working, I get at the connector, check for voltage and ground, with the system turned on. If no voltage I backtrack the circuit. Also, any fuses you checked, did you use a testlite on the fuse circuit, to see if it is hot?

andymartin

Hi erm no I havent tried anything like those suggestions but all I can say really is that the lights on the dashboard work but not hot or cold air comes out when switched on at any leavel it blows nothing at all.

It could be the blower motor or wiring circuit. I can't rule out a fuse. I just don't have any wiring info. Does your owners manual have info on the fuse box? Also, if you have a dealership close, they may be obligated to let you have access to their info? An example, you could request a copy of wiring diagram for your blower motor circuit. If, they let you have a copy of wiring diagram, they may charge for that, don't know how much.

andymartin

Ok I will try ringing a local dealership and try get hold of a circuit diagram to see if that helps.

Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue