FAN

1991 Honda Civic

ash77777

May, 27, 2013 AT 10:52 AM

Fans are not working, thought they would come on after car warm up but started checking and notice that all relays are burned. There is some water, dirt and some grass stuck in there, apparently that car was under water and wires are not in a very good condition. So I want to know how to set the fans to run all time. While car is on obiously. Please help. Thank u

Wiring Issue?

hmac300

May, 27, 2013 AT 12:06 PM

Relays are put in for a reason, just get new relays and put them back to the original connected wires. If not it could cause car to catch on fire if you wire it direct

ash77777

May, 27, 2013 AT 3:50 PM

Well I have a fuse and cable for it, I was told I could make a line with fuse in case that happens but where does it go. Please help. Thank u

hmac300

May, 27, 2013 AT 3:55 PM

Ifyou are just going to go from the switch which I do not advise then connect the yel/grn wire to one end of fuse and dk/blue or blue wire to other end. You will be replacing the coolant switch about every month due to it can't take the power of a fan kicking on that is why a relay is used. Good luck

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i