Engine Power Reduction

RBRF91
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe that keeps giving a Engine power reduction code. I just came back from the Dealer after having the computer re-programmed. At which time it was showing the following codes.P0120, P0220, P0654, P0740, P0785, P1516, P1518, P1860, and U1026. Please help me figure this out.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 6:51 PM

ASEMASTER6371

There is a fly y wire failure. It is either the throttle body, most common or the pedal sensor.

I would return to the dealer and tell them of all the codes. They may have to re flash the unit

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 6:56 PM
RBRF91

The problem seems to have started when I had the engine replaced in January. But sadly the engine was not replaced at a dealer. So is this a wiring issue then?

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:01 PM
ASEMASTER6371

No, I did not say that. I said either throttle body or pedal sensor.

The flash, I assume caused all the codes?

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:04 PM
RBRF91

Thank you Roy, I will get with the mechanic that performed the engine replacement for us and have him check it out. Is there a site or agency that we can call to see if we were overcharged for services rendered?

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:10 PM
ASEMASTER6371

No, you agreed to the price when the service was performed. You cannot dispute that after the fact

roy

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:22 PM
RBRF91

We were told that it would be around $1700 then when he said that it was finished the price jumped to $3900. At no point during the time he had the vehicle did we ever sign a estimate or anything.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:30 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Thats a huge jump. He never told you of the add ons? Shame on him.

Did you pay the bill? If you did, that will complicate the matter as you have agreed to the price. Did you sign the work order when you picked it up?

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:32 PM
RBRF91

We did pay the bill because we have a newborn that has major medical issues and we needed our vehicle back. I believe I did sign since he wouldn't give me the keys if I didn't. Now we have had the Engine Power Reduction issue since we got the car back. Seems like the Mechanic we have been dealing with keeps jerking us around.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:35 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Those parts were from your original motor. Besides, janruary is about 5 months ago and long after the repair. They could have failed anytime.

Your case will be very hard to prove neglect. I doubt you will win. Did you dispute this with the shop?

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:38 PM
RBRF91

He says he is trying to help us fix the issue. Today he told me I needed to goto the dealer to have the computer reset according to Tech Service Bulletin 06-06-04-042A. So I took the car in and payed another $100 on top of what we spent on the work the mechanic did in January.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:42 PM
ASEMASTER6371

He replaced the engine. Did the dealer do that again? Did it run good in jan and feb?

You cannot expect him to warranty something he did not break.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:45 PM
RBRF91

The Mechanic Replaced the Engine in January. The issue started the day after we got the vehicle back from the mechanic in January.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:49 PM
RBRF91

And we are still dealing with the same issue.

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 AT 7:50 PM
WRENCHTOSS

Those have a ground strap on the cylinder heads at the rear of the engine if one of those are loose it can cause all sorts of random codes to pop up check those and make sure they are tight.

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 AT 6:58 PM
RBRF91

Will do thank you wrenchtoss.

Friday, May 24th, 2013 AT 7:51 AM

I SEE THE WORK OLE WRENCHTOSS TURNS OUT, SOMETIMES VERY OFTEN

HE IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL TECHNICIAN, DOES MEGA RESEARCH WHILE PERFORMING REPAIRS

MANY OF THE "HIGH END" VEHICLES IN THE AREA WIND UP AT HIS SHOP. MANY TIMES WHEN I GO THERE, IT LOOKS LIKE A BMW, LEXUS, AND JAG DEALERSHIP!

. IN HIS SHOP ALONE, THERE ARE MORE BIG ROLL AROUND TOOL BOXES (OF HIS) THAN I SEE IN THE THE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED SHOPS (THAT BELONG TO ALL OF THEIR TECHS)

. QUESTION IS

NOW THAT I HAVE FOUND SOME OF HIS ANSWERS. WAS HE DEAD ON WITH THE ADVICE HE GAVE YOU. WE SORTA LIKE TO HEAR HAPPY ENDINGS!

Friday, August 9th, 2013 AT 8:17 PM