ENGINE OIL LEAKAGE

1989 Toyota Corolla

Pathmaprasad

April, 23, 2013 AT 1:29 AM

The car has a 1.6L 4AF engine. The engine has been overhauled 7 months ago. After overhaul, these are the problems that arise

1. Engine oil on air filter pan
2. Engine oil leakage from valve cover gasket
3. Engine oil leakage near gearbox
4. High fuel consumption

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:38 AM

What weight of oil was the engine run in on, ands did they use synthetic oil?

Pathmaprasad

April, 23, 2013 AT 5:04 AM

25w 40. I suspect that the oil leaks due to pressure build up in cylinder head due to improper valve grinding during overhaul. Am I right? Or are there any other possible cause?
Tq

Pathmaprasad

April, 23, 2013 AT 9:06 AM

Mineral Oil

mhpautos

April, 23, 2013 AT 2:16 PM

They may have fitted the gaskets and rear main seal incorrectly, is the oil at the air filter on the filter element on on the external casing?

Pathmaprasad

April, 23, 2013 AT 7:23 PM

There is a pan attached to the top part of the carburetor and the air filter supposed to be fastened there. And in a recent chat with my friend, he request me to check if there are any outflow of air from the dipstick that is used to measure engine oil level. Upon removing the dipstick, I realise that there is a constant flow of air from that place. Is this due to too much blow by through the combustion chamber which is caused by improper clearance between piston/piston ring?

mhpautos

April, 24, 2013 AT 3:46 AM

You will get some crank case pressure, but if it is puffing out there will be a problem with the rings and also ensure oil level is correct.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front