Emission drive cycles reset when truck is shut off

HONDABIKEZ
  • 2009 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 1500 I bought it approximately two weeks ago. I have put around 500 miles on it and 4 emission cycles are still incomplete the catalyst system has said ready after driving around 40 miles in one trip. But then when I shut the truck off take the key out and let it sit until the next day. I checked it again and it is back to being not ready along with the other 3 cycles that are not ready the other 3 are o2 sensor, heated o2, and evap. My key cylinder is tricky too to get the key to turn I have to jiggle the key quite a bit to be able to start it is there a possibility that the ignition is to blame or is there some other issue possibly wrong its as if when I shut the truck off it acts as if I am disconnecting the battery but everything else works truck runs just fine shifts good etc. Any help or advice would be appreciated
Thank you
Monday, May 13th, 2019 AT 7:39 PM

HONDABIKEZ
Also, I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood and drivers side interior fuse panel. All the fuses were good none of them were blown I cleaned all the connections and applied dielectric grease to the fuse box connections. I did that aprox 250 miles ago.
Monday, May 13th, 2019 AT 7:59 PM
SCWICKEDSTANG

I have included for you in the diagrams down below factory instructions on how to test your vehicle's Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) Complete System Set Procedures. Please go through them and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, May 13th, 2019 AT 9:40 PM