Emergency Brake Turns on, stopped accelerating

• 1 POST

Hello, I drive a Nissan Versa 2007. This morning on the way to work a bunch of lights flashed on my dashboard. Including: Emergency brake, Power Steering, and Check Engine. That's all I noticed because it happened quickly. My radio even flickered off. Then all of the sudden I could not accelerate my car even though the engine was still running. I was able to pull to the side of the road, turn it off, and then start it again and it worked just fine for me to get to work.

I got my brakes fixed a few weeks ago because that and low brake fluid were the cause of a few problems such as the emergency brake coming on, or when turning too sharply it was hard to turn the wheel. Those problems subsided after fixing the brakes. For the most part.

In the past few weeks since I have fixed my brakes there has been twice where all of the sudden my emergency brake will turn on for about 1-2 seconds and then go back to normal while I am driving, and the radio flickers off at the same time as well. I also just put in more brake fluid because when I looked at it it looked low once again.

I have never heard of anything like this. Can you please help me? I'm scared to drive my car home from work! Alex

Thursday, September 18th, 2014 AT 11:26 AM

Have a pro scan for codes not an auto parts store.

Thursday, September 18th, 2014 AT 12:12 PM