Shorts will make the bulb not turn on. There's only two things that can cause a repeat failure for a halogen bulb. One is if the charging system is over-charging the battery, causing the system voltage to be too high. The more common problem is the glass of the bulb was touched. Fingerprint grease will burn through the glass, leading to the failure.
Please describe the test you preformed or how you did it, and the results. Were you using a voltmeter, ohm meter, or amp meter? What was the indication that you interpreted as a short?
Friday, January 17th, 2020 AT 1:44 PM