FUEL MIXTURE TO RICH

1997 Eagle Talon

cutter217

1997 Eagle Talon 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

I have a 1997 eagle talon tsi(turbo) and it misfires and backfires and blows out black smoke out of the exshast. I have put a new mass air flow sensor, coolant temp sensor and plugs and coil pack. The timing belt was replaced at about 106,000 miles and now it has 109000 miles. The catilayic converter is not pluged. I cant figure out what else to check.

Runs Rich

720 Running Rich

1 IMAGE

obxautomedic

Yes it does sound like it is running rich with the black smoke.

Is engine light on? If so have you had codes pulled?

Possiblilities.

Bad Injector/s

Faulty Injector Harness/s

Faulty PCM

.

WhiteBoyzRacing

March, 6, 2010 AT 9:28 PM

Have you done a BLS (BOOST LEAK TEST) your talon will run like that if there is a boost leak, also do you have the BOV recirculated back into the intake? As you should, the ecu reads the incoming air from the bov, if not. It will run rich.

Also when did this start happening? Did it just occur out of the blue or was it an ongoing thing? More info please.

eric27dsm

March, 25, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

I just bought a 95 talon tsi. This is the first turbo car I have owned. I have a pulsing idle and when it doesn't pulse it idles at 2000 2500 rpm. I don't know how to do a leak test but I did see a oil leak coming from a metal line from the bottom of the turbo to the oil pan.