1995 EAGLE TALON GRINDING NOISE

• fierceleo
  • 1995 Eagle Talon

Noises problem
1995 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 155000 miles

Recently,
My UV Joint & Axle broke at the same time going about 10 mph. Luckily I was not injured. I replaced the Axle assembly including the UV joint. My car now makes a grinding noise @ 30mph and increases loudness as speed increases. Another thing that happened after I replaced the axle was that I turned left around a corner which torqued my steering wheel slightly to the left permanently. When turning hard corners towards the right the noise becomes silent until returning straight or turning left. I have mentioned this to several people. Their advice was that it could be an alignment problem or wheel bearing. What do you suggest it could be? I dont want to waste my money on nonsense.

Wednesday, March 19th, 2008 AT 5:52 PM

• blackop555

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. When you having that checked have the steering gearbox and the alignment checked also.

Wednesday, March 19th, 2008 AT 9:43 PM