95 WILL NOT TURN OVER

1995 Eagle Summit

SUMMITROCKET

April, 16, 2010 AT 4:32 PM

1995 Eagle Summit 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 250000 miles

I have and 95 eagle summit with a 2.4 4bangger that will not turn over It start when I left my lights on in my car at school and came back and my battery was dead so a buddy gave me a jump and it was having a hard time starting so I gave it some gas and it started got home and it was running really quite when I came in my drive way then stald and I turned the key I wouldent even crank I just hear a my solinoid clicking and fule pump working

ch112063

April, 17, 2010 AT 8:42 PM

After awhile if you leave the battery drain it does something called deep cycling and is internally shorted. You could try getting a battery charger and slow charging it over 24 hours, if it still won't work replace it. Use a 5 amp hour setting. And Good luck. The car will not charge, or run correctly until you install a good battery.

SUMMITROCKET

May, 2, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

I did I voltage test on my battery it came out about 10 volts so the battery is fine so my buddy in auto shot told me to test my starter with a battery and jumper cables and after hitting it a few times it made a noise so I bought a new starter and walla she runs Vroooooooomboomboombombem! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000