Drivers side front door panel speaker not working

CUR
  • 2009 HOLDEN BARINA
I noticed today that the speaker on the drivers side front door (down around where your calf is) isn't working. I've only bought this car about 3 months back 2nd hand from the dealership, im unsure if it was ever working >.<

Wondering how to gain access to the wiring behind it (removing the panel? And how to put that panel back in.) So I can first check to see if it's just a cable that has come lose, or if the speaker itself is dead - replace it myself with another of the same type bought cheaply rather than being charged out the nose at the dealership for it's repair.

Monday, October 7th, 2013 AT 6:14 AM

MHPAUTOS
You will have to locate all the screw attach points, some may be hidden under plugs, and the trim will also be clipped with body trim clips, I have not taken one of these off before, but like most trims, you just have to take care and feel for tight spots this is where attach points are, a local mechanic would take about 15Min to pull the trim and you could do the rest.
Saturday, October 12th, 2013 AT 4:35 PM