My manual shows nothing for this procedure. I'm not sure why. I will try my best to explain how it is done.
1) Open the trunk lid. There will be an insulator panel mounted to the trunk lid (trim).
2) Using a plastic fastener remover (or a screwdriver) remove the plastic retainers on the trunk lid to expose the cable.
3) Disconnect the cable from the release lever on the latch assembly.
4) Now, the cable runs across the trunk lid, down along the hinge, and then into the vehicle. To access it for removal, you will need to remove the scuff plate on both the front and rear door. See pic 1.
5) Once removed, you will see the cable running along the body of the interior. At this point, using a 10mm socket, remove the trim cover at the release lever. (I believe it's 10mm).
6) Once that is off, disconnect the cable and it is ready for removal.
What I do is this. Before removing the old one, I carefully and securely tape the new cable end to the old cable end. Then, I slowly feed it back through the vehicle.
I wish I had more info for you. Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 AT 7:49 PM