What is actually moving? Is it the entire latch assembly? There could be a problem with the linkage itself. I attached a pic showing the latch assembly. I circled the linkage to open the door. Check to see if that is forcing the mechanism into the open position.
You will need to remove the door panel to access the linkage. Here are the directions for removal of the door trim panel. Pic 2 correlates with these directions.
1999 Mazda Truck B3000 SE Regular Cab 4WD V6-3.0L OHV
Front Door Trim Panel
Vehicle Body and Frame Doors, Hood and Trunk Doors Front Door Front Door Panel Service and Repair Procedures Front Door Trim Panel
FRONT DOOR TRIM PANEL
see pic 2
1. Remove in order shown in figure.
2. Install in reverse order of removal.
Door Trim Finish Panel Note
1. If equipped, disconnect the power outside mirror switch and power door lock switch connectors.
2. If equipped, remove the power window main switch screws.
Front Door Trim Removal Note
1. If equipped, remove the window regulator handle.
Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, December 12th, 2020 AT 10:22 PM