Here are the directions I have for it. Take a look through them and let me know if this is what you did. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2010 Chevrolet Aveo L4-1.6L
Owners Manual Procedure
Vehicle Heating and Air Conditioning Cabin Air Filter / Purifier Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Owners Manual Procedure
OWNERS MANUAL PROCEDURE
PASSENGER COMPARTMENT AIR FILTER
For vehicles with a passenger compartment air filter, it is located behind the glove box. It can be accessed after removing the glove box from its housing.
Pollen and dust are removed by the filter. The filter should be replaced as part of routine scheduled maintenance.
To change the passenger compartment air filter, use the following steps:
1. Open the glove box halfway down.
2. Grip the glove box by both the upper and lower sides and pull it out of its housing.
3. Remove the filter cover by pressing in on the bottom retaining tab and pulling the cover down.
4. Replace the air conditioner filter.
5. View the air flow arrows on the filter before installing to ensure the filter is installed correctly.
I'm not sure where you are located, but I did note that the vehicle which indicates (Mexico) does not show a filter.
Let me know if this helps.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, August 14th, 2020 AT 12:03 PM