NOISE AND VIBRATION IN FRONT END

2001 Dodge Truck

johnnyengrish

September, 29, 2008 AT 12:42 PM

Suspension problem
2001 Dodge Truck V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 2WD. When turning left while driving I get and loud noise and a vibration coming from driver's side front wheel. The faster you go the louder. Noise is only present when steering wheel is turned left. Noise goes away when turned right. Allignment was done resently and power steering pump is new. Checked movement on both front tires when they were jacked up and passenger side front tire had slight movement. Bushings in front end aren't bad looking. What could be possible problems?

October, 2, 2008 AT 7:08 AM

Hi johnnyengrish,

Thank you for the donation.

Could you describe the type of noise that was emitted and the source as close as possible?

If it is a grinding type of noise, I would suggest checking the wheel bearing free play. Check the front brake backing/cooling plate to see if they are too near the rotor and brushing against each other when turning.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado