WONT START

1979 Dodge Truck

YUKON JOE

February, 21, 2010 AT 7:59 PM

1979 Dodge Truck V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 65,000 miles

79 150 pick up with a 318 wont start only has strong flashers but nothing else works right barely cranks has new battery voltage regulator ballist resistor I think it was called and I have no idea what to do next please help so I can get to and from work thank you and god bless.

February, 21, 2010 AT 9:13 PM

Do below and get back with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe