CAN IT BE THE FUEL PUMP 99

1999 Dodge Stratus

HARLEYMAN

August, 7, 2007 AT 1:17 AM

I HAVE A 99 DODGE STRATUS, IT HAS 185000 MILES ITS A 2.4 ENGINE. I HAVE HAD THE TIMING BELT, CONTROL MODULE, WIRING HARNESS REPLACED, THE CAR RAN FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND NOW IT JUST TURNS OVER, WONT START. FIRST IT KEPT BLOWING ONE OF THE FUSES SO WE THOUGHT IT HAD A SHORT. WELL IT DOESNT BLOW THE FUSE ANYMORE DONT KNOW WHY. NOW I WAS TOLD IT COULD BE THE FUEL PUMP, CAN YOU CHECK IT YOURSELF OR MUST YOU BRING IT IN? AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGUESTIONS ON WHAT IT MIGHT BE? THANK YOU !

August, 7, 2007 AT 3:30 AM

This problem can be a fuel or ignition system

1st we need to check for correct fuel pressure. You can have fuel all the way up to the injectors or carb but if its not the right pressure will cause the engine not to start. This has to be iron out before we get to the ignition system.

Fuel: F/pump relay,fuel pump, PCM/and could be the crazy ASD relay-automatic shutdown relay. this one at times powers both ignition/fuel in chrysler/dodge/plymouth. Depends on your model.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_baby_smoking_1.gif

I'll be taking a break I'll see you later

Once the fuel pressure meets its specifications then we can move on to the ignition system.

HARLEYMAN

August, 18, 2007 AT 10:39 PM

WOULD THE FUEL PUMP CAUSE IT TO HAVE NO SPARK?

August, 19, 2007 AT 2:33 AM

WOULD THE FUEL PUMP CAUSE IT TO HAVE NO SPARK ?[/quote:5ab27336b1]

QUIT LISTENING TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CARS, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON SO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO US WE'RE THE WORLD'S BEST AUTO REPAIR WEBSITE-YOU HEA!!!! NOW PAY CLOSE ATTENTION, IF YOU WANT IT FIX.

Nope its two different circuit-try this disconnect a sparkplug wire and ground it while cranking do you have spark? If No spark-check the crankshaft/cam sensors-then comeback

Do you hear the pump when you turn key to On. I need to know this and the spark.

I'll be waiting meantime I'll be taking a long

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_baby_smoking_23.gif

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe