2004 DODGE STRATUS POPPING/KNOCKING AND GRINDING NOISES

• Knyght23
  • 2004 DODGE STRATUS

Engine problem
2004 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 48,000 miles

I have recently started having various knocking and grinding noises coming from the front end of my Dodge Stratus, along with squeaking when riding over bumps or rough roads. The knocking and grinding noises aren't constant; there are times whenever I drive the car and I don't hear them, but whenever they start, they continue until the car comes to a rest. I've taken the car into a mechanic and they replaced two "ball joints" and the noises stopped for several days, but have recently resurfaced. What could the noises be?

Saturday, February 9th, 2008 AT 4:33 PM

• BMRFIXIT

Check stabilizer bar bushing and links

Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 7:22 PM
  • Knyght23

Had it taken to a Dodge certified garage, and the garage foreman checked the suspension out, checked the bushings, the links and the anti-sway bar. The links were worn and were replaced, but the car continues to make the noise on and off. Unfortunately the car would not reproduce the sound while the mechanic was there or driving it so we were both left scratching our heads.

Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 AT 4:04 PM