2003 Dodge Stratus fuses

DELANEY4959
  • 2003 DODGE STRATUS

2003 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

how do we change the #5 fuse for the interior lights?

Sunday, October 19th, 2008 AT 7:18 PM

Hi:
The fuse panel is under the dashboard on the passanger side. Use your owner's manual to identify where fuse #5 is located, pull the fuse out and replace it with the same amp fuse.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.

-1
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 AT 10:24 AM
DELANEY4959

I specifically asked for fuse #5 which has some type of black thing surrounding and I cannot take that fuse out.
I don't mean to sound rude but I am almost fifty years old, know where the fuses are in my car and have a husband that is quite mechanically inclined up to a certain point.
The fuse box is not under the dash it is on the drivers side of the vehicle where you can open the drives side door and see it right there.
We cannot figure out why that fuse ONLY has the black thing surrounding it and what it is. I need to change this fuse so my interior lights will work but cannot.
I do not wish to pay someone for something I should be able to do myself or my husband can do. Is this something Dodge has done so I need to take it to a Dodge dealer and pay them to change this fuse?

Thanks for answering though.

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 AT 10:49 AM

Hi:
I'm sorry. After responding to several of these questions, I was thinking the fues block was under the dash.

I looked up the fuse block information for your vehicle. I have the schematic from Chrysler. I see fuse #5 but there is nothing indicating that 5 is any different than the other fuses. I will post your question for the other moderators to review. I hope they have an answer for you.

Sorry,

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 AT 12:10 PM
MAGICORACLE

I'm having the same issue. Can anyone tell me how to open the black fuse carrier?

Friday, May 6th, 2016 AT 6:00 PM

Other Transfer Case 4x4 Replace/Remove Questions