94 DODGE SPIRIT ONLY RUNS WHN GAS IS FEATHERED..

• jpam
  • 1994 Dodge Spirit

1994 Dodge Spirit 2.5L auto 122,000miles

Just recently I replace my fuel pump(not flex fuel) do to the fact it was leaking. It ran just fine after. Took it down road for test all good. Wife took it to work & went fine, started next morning fine. But when she restarted it again that morning it would not stay running. Im thinking at that time it was out of gas.I brought some gas and bottle of heat and put it in. No change so baby car home at 30 mph. Changed fuel filter thinking it got some crud in it. No change will not idle and cant give it more than 1/3 gas wihtout it bogging down. Only runns when gas is feathered. Checked plugs, wires, cap and rotor look good. What next?

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006 AT 4:32 AM

• jpam

Bump**

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 2:31 AM
  • peppermrj

Pull the plugs.
Fuel soaked = electrical problem (or a leaky injector)
Dry = fuel delivery

Can you check the pressure at the rail?

I bought a cheapie lifetime gauanteed fuel pump for a caravan from Partsamerica. After the second time it died I traded it in on the more expensive model. Needless to say the tranny went right after that. : Evil: Good luck and let us know. : )

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 6:13 PM
  • jpam

Well thanks 4 looking at my problem this time : D Did pull the plugs burning the it supposed to be burning.
This little 2.5 doesn't have a rail system. Just one lonely injector. Thats setted in carb. Myself thinking of repulling fuel pump and getting diff. One for that. Cant do it right now because im setting in TwinFalls, Id. Going to Sprarks, NV. If u got any other ideas let me know if not I'll post again when fixed. Thnks for looking peppermrj

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 8:18 PM
  • peppermrj

The only other thing would be a fuel pressure regulator.

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 8:21 PM
  • jpam

One clue off hand were located at?

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 8:23 PM
  • jpam

Hey thanks ill take a looksee.

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 9:17 PM
  • peppermrj

: : : : : : : :

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 9:19 PM
  • jpam

What the old hit ignition 3 times? NO havnt done that or hand held one. Thnks hey got to get down the road.

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 9:23 PM
  • peppermrj

Ah. Which 2.5 engine, jeep or Chrysler. The Jeep engine has the pressure regulator integral to the throttle body. The Chrysler engine has the regulator on top of the throttle body.

I asked about codes because I wonder if a bad sensor is your problem.

Sounds like it could be in "limp home mode".

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 9:30 PM
  • jpam

Didnt know had a choice. Mmm. Chysler. Looks like autozne picture. Did swap out that to with one off different car.

Sunday, February 26th, 2006 AT 11:47 PM