TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

1994 Dodge Shadow

orunfast

February, 14, 2010 AT 7:53 PM

1994 Dodge Shadow Front Wheel Drive Automatic

my engine will randomly turn over but not start after I just drove it 10 mins earlier. Then the next day it will start fine. A few days later it will do the same thing. Weve replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump is fine. Please help!

February, 14, 2010 AT 8:01 PM

Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark related problem: Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test