1985 DODGE RAMCHARGER V8 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ...

1985 Dodge Ramcharger

JoCLy52

March, 27, 2010 AT 11:48 PM

1985 Dodge Ramcharger V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I am goint to be getting my Ramcharger back on the road. It has set outside for at least 5 years due to numerous deployments. I want to start by cleaning the fuel system. How do I go about cleaning/inspecting the fuel tank?

Jacobandnickolas

July, 10, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

If it has set for that long, that is a good place to start. The only way to drain the tank and get into it is to actually remove it. You could, however, disconnect the fuel filter and allow the fuel to be pumped out until the tank is empty. I would recommend replacing the fuel filter too and blowing out all lines.

It's been a while since 85. I can't remember if they are fuel injected or still had the carb on it. Let me know about that too.

Other things to check if it has been sitting outside. Make sure the brake lines have not rusted, fuel lines. Also, check to make sure the coolant is full, oil should be changed with a new filter, and check all other fluids. Finally, do a visual inspection to make sure no mice chewed on any of the wiring.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006