WATER PUMP BYPASS HOSE

Dodge Ram

rldeskins2

June, 19, 2007 AT 3:28 AM

2002 DODGE RAM 1500 4X4 AUTO. 5.9 LTR WITH 117,000 MILES. HELLO, I JUST HAD MY WATER PUMP REPLACED ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO BY A DODGE DEALER AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY DID NOT REPLACE THE BYPASS HOSE. IT IS VERY HARD TO SEE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A LEAK COMING FROM THERE AND I WAS WONDERING THE PROCEDURE FOR REPLACING IT AND IF IT IS A DIFFICULT JOB. I CAN SEE THE AIR COMPRESSOR IS ON TOP OF IT AND SOME SORT OF BRACKET. ANY SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED? THANK YOU!

NoMadValues

October, 12, 2008 AT 5:32 PM

No special tools needed. It will take some time. You will have to take the Alternator and A/C units off the bracket. You will not have to disconect them, just un-bolt and place to the side. Next unbolt the bracket fromt he engine block. Don't forget the bolt in the center of the bracket. It's kind of hidden but findable. Once the bracket is off the bypass hose will be exposed and easy to replace.
They run about $10.00 at a parts store. Take note how the hose comes off because there is a bend to it and it has only one way to go onto the water pump/engine block.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet