VIBRATION AT CERTAIN SPEEDS

• kb20
  • Dodge Ram

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 4X4 with a little over 160,000 miles. It has a pretty good vibration that developes right at 70 mph and continues to 75mph. Very tough range to avoid when on the interstate. It seems like the whole truck vibrates. I bought the truck with about 125,000 miles and have no idea if any suspension parts have been replaced. Can you give me some ideas of things to check out.

Thursday, March 9th, 2006 AT 5:08 PM

• jpam

Start by checking tires. Making sure u got even ware on them. Make sure there balance.
Check tierod ends making sure there tight and in place. Shocks, all tighten down and in working order.
Look for anything else that might be loose on front end. Most of the problems above would cause uneven tire wear. Since you got so many miles on it I would start putting new shocks in and maybe a leveler kit for front end. Since dodge is the highest sitting stock truck out there. At least for that year> >. Well good luck. Jess s.

Friday, March 10th, 2006 AT 10:04 PM
  • Dodgegirl

Mine started to do it at 195,000 miles. But only at highway speeds like you were saying. Replaced u-joints front and rear, front R hub assembly replaced( it wasn't the hub), axle end replaced (not that either). Anyway it ended up being a bushing in the axle. Need more info. Got to Dodgetalk. Com.

Monday, March 13th, 2006 AT 11:08 PM
  • rayhut

Go get a front end allinement

Tuesday, March 14th, 2006 AT 6:23 AM
  • kb20

Thanks everyone but it ended up being a slightly bent front wheel.

Monday, March 27th, 2006 AT 4:23 PM