2006 Dodge Ram brake thumping

JEFF DARCY
  • 2006 DODGE RAM
I recently changed the brake pads on the front of my vehicle. Now when I press the brakes on the drivers side I hear a thumping sound. I used a clamp to push the calibers in and did not run off the fluid. Could this have damaged the anti-lock system? If so is this going to hurt hurt to drive in the near future until I can get it checked by a mechanic? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?
Thursday, December 13th, 2007 AT 5:27 PM

JACK42
Did you take the wheels back off and make sure everything was tight and good? When it thumps, does it do it until you let up off the pedal? Im not going to tell you it is ok to drive, because I dont know if it is, or whether or not anything will be damaged by driving it. If you look and all is good, no rubbing or loose bolts or wheels, then I would drive it to the shop ASAP, brakes are nothing to mess with
Friday, December 14th, 2007 AT 7:41 AM