2004 Dodge Ram repair

• 2004 DODGE RAM

2004 Dodge Ram V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

I just purchased a 2004 dodge ram with a 4.7 L v-8. Are these known to be reliable. How many miles cam I expect to run this engine. I went to change the oil and discovered the oil pan drain plug is over torqued or cross threaded and wont come out. I tried penetrating oil. I tried tapping on the plug. I tried tightening it then loosening it. It wont budge. Now I have rounded off the nut and have clamped vise grip pliers on and it still wont budge. Its like it is welded to the oil pan. What can I do?

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 9:51 AM

Take teh pan off and see whats goign on. You cant really drill it out with pan on vehicle or youll get metal shavings in the engine. You can have a machine shop put you in a new plug and seal up the old one if it is indeed brazed in.

Hard to say how many miles you can expect. Depends on past repair history. But if repair was good you can expect near 200000

but they are pretty reliable engiens.

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 12:13 PM