2002 Dodge Ram Brake Problem

MJDCWO
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
2002 Dodge Ram Four Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the V10 engine, auto transmission, 4 whl ABS, and 50000 miles on the truck with about 4000 miles on the brake pads. Starting this past month, at slow speed brake application, i.E. Entering a parking space, I feel pedal pulsation and loss of braking, as if the ABS is coming into play, but I am on dry pavement. It does not make any difference whether I have just turned left, right, or am going straight. It does not happen all of the time but is becoming more frequent. There are no codes stored when I connect a scanner and the ABS light is not on. How should go about trouble shooting this problem? What might it be?
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 AT 11:58 AM

At this point, it is hard to find. However, I would start by checking the sensors at each wheel. If it seems to happen more when turning, pay close attention to the front. Check for wiring that has been worn through or damaged. Also, disconnect the sensor and make sure there is no corrosion on the plug that could cause a problem with the connection.

Let me know what you find.
Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 10:42 AM