2000 Dodge Ram Heater and AC Fan

BLACKTAILSRULE
  • 2000 DODGE RAM
Help Please,

I am dealing with a heater problem in my dodge diesel. It seems to take along time for the fan to blow air. When you first start the truck it takes some driveing to get the fan to blow cold or hot air. Before that the fan doesn't blow at all and then like magic starts blowing softly and then blows normally after some times on all blower speeds.

Thanks for the Help
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 AT 11:42 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
Thanks for the donation.

It sounds like you are dealing with a faulty heater blower switch. It may be going south, time to replace it. Seems like this part is common to fail in the Dodge Ram series.

If you need info. On removing or testing the switch, let me know and I will follow up.

Hope this helps, thanks for using 2carpros. Com!
Thursday, December 4th, 2008 AT 1:21 AM
BLACKTAILSRULE
Hi,
Would this effect blower operation on outside cold air also. Where in the dash is this switch located and is it very difficult to change. I am thinking that testing the switch may be hard to do, because it is an intermitten problem.

Thanks A Million You Guys Rock
Thursday, December 4th, 2008 AT 8:11 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Location is behind right side of dash, on HVAC housing.

TESTING BLOWER MOTOR SWITCH

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_3.jpg

A/C HEATER CONTROL PANEL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION:
Disconnect the battery negative cable(s).
Reach under the instrument panel on the driver's side near the transmission tunnel and unplug the heater-A/C control to housing vacuum harness connector.
Disengage the retainer on the heater-A/C control half of the vacuum harness from the hole in the center of the distribution duct.
Remove the cluster bezel from the instrument panel.
Remove the screws that secure the control panel to the instrument panel.
Pull out the assembly far enough to access the connections at the back of the control.
Unplug the wiring.
Disconnect the cable, if fitted.
If a vacuum unit is fitted, remove the two stamped nuts that secure the vacuum harness connector and unplug the connector.
Installation is the reverse of removal.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c152800c09d3_1.jpg

What do you mean of operation on outside cold air? Do you have an issue of the vehicle's engine heating or cooling properly?
Thursday, December 4th, 2008 AT 12:56 PM