1999 Dodge Ram Wont shift gears

SLAMDYA
  • 1999 DODGE RAM
Running & changing fine, parked to pick up child from school took off & it stays in 1 st gear.I havent checked Vac hoses yet. To hot to touch. Letting it cool off!
Edit! OK 2.5 hrs later, checked vac. Hoses, fluid lvls, all under for a loose wire. Notta! Now the speedometer has quit, (& may have b-4 & hadnt noticed upset with no shifting)ABS, Brake & chk engine lite all ontried clearing all by unhooking the Bat. Hey chk engine lite is off. Others still on! Drove 1.5 miles to autozone no scan code. Oops my bad unhooked Batt. Dangit! Ok now what? Work truck. No truck, no work! Btw I am already broke enough, cant afford this to happen rigghht now! Any help greatly apprieciated! Thx in advance!
Thursday, May 8th, 2008 AT 3:22 PM

BMRFIXIT
It the tranny solenoids
check for codes will help in pin pointing the troubled area
Sunday, May 11th, 2008 AT 9:31 AM
SLAMDYA
UPDATE for those who may have this prob. & Need somewhere to start! KK, as I previously had stated I had cleared the codes by unhooking the Batt. So I had no codes to go by! Shot in the dark was to start @ the cheapest point which was the Speed sensor located @ the driver side of the tailshaft on the tranny.$17.99. Woot! Changing gears now! But the speedometer still not working & the Chk. Eng. Lite came back on & the ABS & Brake lite is still on! Checking the codes is now showing to check the Vehicle speed sensor, which I am assuming is located @ the top of the hoghead still checking this to make sure & will update as I figure it out! I am also assuming @ this point that this is the sensor for the speedometer, gonna find out tho!
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 AT 7:22 AM