1995 Dodge Ram Lost of power

SHOTONEBIRD
  • 1995 DODGE RAM
I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 2wd. When I drive my truck after about 15 to 20 miles and the motor comes up to temp it losses power and start to back fire. It will only go about 10 to 15 mph in any gear. The truck is a 5 speed. If I let it set for 20 to 25 mins then it will run fine and a little while and then it happens again. THe engine never dies on me and seem to idel fine when at a complete stop but wont go pass 15 mph. The rpms wont come up no matter how far u press the gas pedal.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 11:35 AM

WHen it looses power, (at night) check the catylatic converter to see if it is glowing red hot. To me is sounds like it is plugged. Many times it will get so hot that it will glow.

Also, has the check engine light come on?

Let me know.

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 AT 10:51 AM
SHOTONEBIRD
I was thinking it may be the catylatic converter. The engine light does not come on. The truck will idle fine but wont go over 10 to 15 mph till it kools off some. Thanks for your imput
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 AT 11:34 AM

Sponsored links