FUEL CUTOFF RELAY PROBLEM

Dodge

Rick Lipinski

February, 13, 2007 AT 4:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a 1995 dodge van 318ci b2500 with 140,000 miles on it. About 4 months ago I had the fuel pump replaced. I don't know if it is a coincidence but during cold weather ( under freezing ) she won't start until after I sit and wait with the key in the on position for a variable amount of time. Then I hear the fuel relay start clicking quieter at first then becoming louder towards the end and just before it stops the check engine light starts flashing in unison until it stops and then I am able to start the van normally. The colder it is outside the longer this process takes. In warmer temperatures it starts immediately. I replaced the fuel cutoff relay and it does the same thing. Any thoughts? Thanks

February, 13, 2007 AT 4:43 AM

Have the OBD2 code pull and comeback with it.

Rick Lipinski

March, 7, 2007 AT 1:39 PM

I checked the obd 1 and it did not generate any trouble codes. What now? Rick

Rick Lipinski

March, 29, 2007 AT 6:37 PM

In the section " auto repair by topic" -- won't start the first problem that comes up is identical to mine. This car is a 1999 chrysler concorde. Is there anyway to contact this person to find out what fixed his problem? I get no codes generated and had a new fuel pump installed last fall?

March, 31, 2007 AT 1:56 AM

Do a fuel and spark test and tell me what's missing.

Rick Lipinski

April, 13, 2007 AT 10:40 AM

Hi, I checked for spark and fuel and get nothing on either. When the relay seems to get power (oem # 56006904) then I get both. I listened to the fuel pump and the clicking noise is the same as in the relay, after it stops I hear the fuel pump pressurize. It seems like what ever allows the power to the relay won't allow it until it warms up. In cold, around 10 degrees it will take 15 minutes or so to energize the relay. Long time but it has always started then, shorter times to energize in proportion to warmer temps, and around 50 degrees and up it will start immediately. The clicking noise sounds like it is coming from the right module on the relay. Thanks Rick

April, 13, 2007 AT 4:12 PM

The ASD relay is activated by the computer-verify the relay if its the ASD-the ASD relay powers up the coil and pump. This relay if its defective you'll get the same symptoms.

Rick Lipinski

June, 18, 2007 AT 5:23 PM

Well thanks for trying but you guys were no help. For anyone else with similar problem check your ecm. Mine was bad and cost me $931.00 to diagnose and replace. Rick