STICKING KEYHOLE

1987 Dodge

Cafernando

December, 17, 2007 AT 12:12 PM

Other Category problem
1987 Other Dodge Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 52,000 miles

Early this morning I got up to go to work and my key would not open the door to my car. Automatically I assumed it was frozen and tried the age old remedy of pouring hot water on it to unfreeze it. When that didn't work, I tried heating up my key with a lighter. Next, I attached an extension cord and my blow drier and tried heating it that way. After standing out in the cold looking like an idiot for about ten minutes blow drying my cars door I decided to try another approach, oil on my key to unstick it inside. None of these worked and I am now half a day late for work and have no idea how to get in my car. I now realize it is not frozen, what could be wrong other than that?

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

Jacobandnickolas

March, 14, 2009 AT 6:43 PM

Thanks, you made me laugh when I pictured you " blow drying the door". Does the key turn in the cylender. Do you have another key to try?

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Wheel Bearing Replacement
Wheel Stud Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement