RESURFACING ROTORS

2008 Dodge Nitro

lunacp04

July, 13, 2010 AT 3:19 PM

Brakes problem
2008 Dodge Nitro 6 cyl Automatic 44000 miles

I got my brake pads changed 4 months ago. I noticed that my brakes continued to scratch/grind and I took it in to the same repair shop. They did not say whether they turned my rotors or not, but now they want to charge me $500 for replacing the rotors. I took it to another place and they told me I just need to reface my rotors, replace the front and rear hardware and bleed the brakes for $300. Is it worth it to just get the rotors refaced or is replacing the safest and most cost efficient option.

merlin2021

July, 13, 2010 AT 3:27 PM

Today's vehicles are made with the thinnest and therefore the lightest rotors manufacturers can get away with, there may be enough to turn(resurface) them, but they will probably end up warping due to the heat generated on the rotor surfaces. If I owned it, I would shop around for the rotors, why pay 300.00 for a temporary repair?

Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML