HESITATION WHEN GAS PETAL INGAGED

2004 Dodge Neon

btown30

June, 2, 2008 AT 7:59 AM

2004 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

when I step on the gas it hesitates and shakes I put lucus fuel treatment in to see if I might have a cloged fuel filter no difference I am going to change the plugs and wires but if that doesn't help I have to take to dealer?

jeff1545

June, 7, 2008 AT 12:33 PM

Is your check engine light on? Does it stick at a certain rpm?

jeff1545

June, 7, 2008 AT 12:51 PM

I just had a problem with a 2005 dodge neon, and I think you may have the same problem, even in park I could rev it up and once it hit 2000 rpms it would seem to misfire. Kind of jitter and shake. The check engine light would come on also. It feels as if the car wont give any more gas. And when it was in drive it would get to 2000 rpms and have a hard time shifting into 2nd. If these symptoms sound familiar you may need a new crankshaft position sensor. Get back to me and let me know what happens with it.

Neon05Owner

July, 28, 2008 AT 12:31 PM

How much does such a repair usually cost? To replace a crankshaft position sensor? I am having the same problem you described with my 05 Dodge Neon.