ALTERNATOR

2002 Dodge Neon

neonpoor

November, 7, 2010 AT 5:39 PM

2002 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

How do you get the alternator off? It appears to have a bushing in the lower bracket. I got the bolt out but the alternator still will not come out.

My Alternator Quit Charging

Charging System Trouble

bluelightnin6

November, 7, 2010 AT 6:16 PM

You will need a 10mm wrench a 10mm, 13mm, 14mm, & 15mm deep and regular sockets (1/4, 5/8, & 3/4 ratchets) a jack and stands PB Blaster 1: disconnect the negative battery cable. 2: loosen the upper alternator adjusting bolt and mounting bolt nut. 3: loosen the right front wheel lug nuts, raise the car and then remove the right front wheel. 4: remove the right front accessory drive belt splash shield. 5: loosen the lower alternator bolt. 6: remove the alternator belt. 7: disconnect the electrical connectors from the alternator (I suggest to wait on this). 8: remove the upper adjusting bolt and nut then the lower bolt & nut. 9: remove the lower alternator mounting 3 bolts. At this point turn the alternator sideways and remove the wires (push the red tab down until it slides and wiggle the connector). 10 : remove the alternator for under the car (this will take some time to get it out) before putting the new alternator in spray the lower bolt and nut with PB Blaster then the upper mounting nut bolt and adjusting bolt (it will make it easier to install).

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500