2000 DODGE NEON MY CAR BRAKES IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVING

• Judy44J
  • 2000 Dodge Neon

Brakes problem
2000 Dodge Neon 147800 miles

My car has been stopping while I'm driving it and when I try to brake it already has burned rubber stopping. Now when I try to accelerate it wont move it seems like the wheels lock on me. I had spent $301.00 in April 3 2008 at meineke to fix it and its doing it again. Tell me whats wrong please is my engine going bad or is it brakes. The noise sounds like something broke in my left back driver tire, its like something is turning in the rotors or hub cap

Thank you
Judy

Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 AT 12:38 PM

• merlin2021

What did Mieneke replace? Did you hear the same sounds or are they different after the work?

Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 AT 3:19 PM
  • j55guy

If there is contamination in your lines, any good brake shop can flush the lines, and the MOST common cause of a front brake locking up is.

1 - Caliper frozen from mechanical failure. It happens.
2 - severe warping of rotor, leading to caliper binding.

Take it to a different brake shop and have them look at it. I would'nt take it to a dealer because they will say your entire brake system needs to be replaced.(About 3000.00)

Thursday, August 7th, 2008 AT 7:30 AM