1996 Dodge Neon Service Engine Soon was lit

PIGFACE
  • 1996 DODGE NEON
Computer problem
1996 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 314+ miles

Been bothering w/ this problem for almost a year. My car will suddenly stop or no power at all even when I, m at 40 to 60 kph. I will then re-start the engine & sometimes its hard to re-start, one thing that bothers me is the "Service Engine Soon Light". The engine will vibrate even when I'm driving & the service engine soon will be on. Had checked twice w/ scanner, the first diagnosis was "map sensor no signal to pcm", I had replaced the map sensor & it costs a lot but still the service engine & the vibration of the engine comes back again, 2nd time I borrowed the computer of my friends Neon & the diagnosis was "map sensor voltage is high", but in this computer I only experienced once the vibration & had it used for a day, my car seems normal again. My technician told me to replace the computer but I have to make sure first if it is the real problem. Hope someone could help me. Thank you in advance.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 AT 8:29 AM

You replaced the MAP sensor-did you check the wiring to and from the computer for short and open circuit if okay-start thinking computer-
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 AT 3:26 PM
PIGFACE
Yes I checked it last night and I found an open wiring from the connector of map sensor & had it replaced to. But when I start the engine. It begun to vibrate again and the service engine soon light appears again. Thanks!
Thursday, September 3rd, 2009 AT 2:53 AM