MISFIRES AND ACCLERATION WHILE IDLE

Dodge Intrepid

jefe40472

May, 19, 2007 AT 8:13 PM

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid and while Idle, it misfires and accelerates up and down. When driving, it misfires every 2 to 3 seconds. I took it to AutoZone and the computer put out Code P0300 - Cylinder Misfire detected - Random Cylinders.

I replaced all the spark plugs and 2 of the coils. It still does the same thing. It said that they were Cylinder 1 and 4 which I assumed are the two bottom cylinders if standing infron of the vehicle. What else could it be? Someone told me it might be the computer. Any hlep would be great!

Engine Miss

Service Writer

May, 19, 2007 AT 8:19 PM

It sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Spray some intake cleaner around the perimeter of the intake and see if the idle flucuates at all. Check for any other source of a vacuum leak should nothing turn up on the intake manifold.

May, 20, 2007 AT 2:59 AM

Servicewriter is right about the vacuum leak and may I add to it Bad gas. P0300 is like the globe trotters bouncing around the court and onone knows where the ball is. This code is a hard one to deal with.

Try checking the EGR system

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_12900_muah1_5_6.gif